LAVA kicks off the the summer by hosting it Annual Membership Meeting , conducts Director elections and will feature its
Annual Venture Capital Panel
hosted by Brian MacMahon of the Expert Dojo
July 14th at ROC Santa Monica we will elect the LAVA Board of Directors and listen to Venture Capital investors as they talk about the local startup scene and investments.
Please join us!
Brain MacMahon, Expert Dojo
Jim Andelman, Rincon Ventures Brett Brewer, Crosscut Ventures Kim Kovacs, Golden Seeds
Hamet Watt, Upfront Ventures
LOS ANGELES VENTURE ASSOCIATION
NOTICE OF ANNUAL MEETING OF MEMBERS
June 15, 2015
The Annual Meeting of Members of the Los Angeles Venture Association will be held on Tuesday, July 14, 2015 at 6:30 p.m. at ROC - Santa Monica located at 604 Arizona Ave Santa Monica, California for the following purposes:
1. To re-elect the following persons for two year terms ending on the date of the Annual Meeting of Members in the year 2017:
- David Casares, Partner, Vicente Capital Partners
- John Finnucan, Partner, Ernst & Young
- Jon Funk, General Partner, Founder, Ocean Road Partners
- Sam Jones, CEO, Hawkeye Engine Services
- Shuki Lehavi, Sr. Director of Engineering, J2 Global
- Emily Yukich, Partner, Fox Rothschild
2. To elect the following persons for two year terms ending on the date of the Annual Meeting of Members in the year 2017:
- Richard Abronson, General Partner, Accordance Ventures, LP
- Greg Cohn, SVP, Wells Fargo's Technology Banking
- Kim Kovacs, Managing Director, Golden Seeds, Partner, Practice Leader Emerging Growth at Hardesty, LLC
- Dina Lozofsky, Associate Director, Office of Technology & Industry Alliances, University of California, Santa Barbara
3. To conduct such other business as may properly come before the meeting.
The Board of Directors has set Tuesday, June 16, 2015 at the close of business as the record date for members entitled to notice of and to vote at the Annual Meeting.
All members are requested to complete and sign the enclosed form of Proxy and to return it by fax or scanned email, so that we will have a quorum present at the meeting.
Faxed or scanned email Proxies showing a member’s signature will be accepted; e-mailed proxies cannot be accepted.
Please send the ballot via FAX to: (866) 537-4899
By order of the Board of Directors