March 28, 2015
The day we've all been waiting for
GIRL POWER IS ON!
SoGal Summit 2015 kicks off on Saturday, March 28th, and you're invited to take part in the most awesome female entrepreneurship summit in LA!
The University of Southern California is our meeting spot for a day of fun and excitement.
Come one, come all, bring a guest, and hang loose. We are bringing 300 female entrepreneurs, students, startups and investors together to empower and inspire the next-gen female leaders.
This is going to be EPIC!
SoGal Summit is the largest student-led female entrepreneurship conference in Southern California. The day-long event brings 300+ female students, startups, entrepreneurs and investors together to address key issues women are facing in today’s entrepreneurship world. We create a collaborative and interactive experience between established leaders and next-gen female entrepreneurs to leave attendees feeling empowered, inspired and connected.
Founded by Pocket Sun, GirlsUp is the fastest growing community of young female entrepreneurs in Southern California. Our mission is to close the gap between female and male entrepreneurship within our generation. The fun and meaningful events, the unique G100 Mentorship program, and a fearless, passionate spirit at GirlsUp have led to a movement of female empowerment among young millennials.
8:00am: Breakfast & Registration
Delicious breakfast food, coffee and a fun selfie photo booth to get you started!
Stories behind how the SoGal Summit was created
9:15am: Fireside Chat with Eva Ho
How she transfromed from being a succesful serial entrepreneur to managing her own fund
10:00am: Startup Journey Panels (breakout sessions)
Wonder women discussing key issues in an entrepreneur's lifecycle
- “What Is My Brand?”: Solidify your unique brand identity, target consumer and go-to-market strategy
- "I have An Idea, Now What? ": Build a team, find mentors, accumulate resources
- "How to Raise Funds?": When and how to secure early stage capital
- "I'm a Millennial Female CEO": What it means to be the face and brain of your own business
- Stand Up, Speak Out: TED Talk style, hear the powerful stories behind powerful girls
11:00am: Speed Mentoring (breakout sessions)
Connect with awesome mentors and learn from the best!
- Brand Visualization: Build your brand vision, identify action steps and commit!
- Pitching & Presentation: How to put together a killer deck and engage the audience
- Sisterhood Community: How to build a network that supports and empowers you
- Grow Your Business: Get capital, business development, customer acquisition
- Female Leadership: What it takes to inspire others, and how to build rapport
Eat, walk around, network... Enjoy gourmet lunch boxes from Lemonade, beautiful desserts, and more!
1:30pm: Keynote with Sabrina Kay
Sabrina Kay discusses Technology and Innovation. Absolutely can't miss!
<5 min pitch + 5 min Q&A. Watch girls shine on stage!
Mix and mingle with smart and fun ladies at our event!
Who wins what prizes? Can't wait to find out!
Why Apply for the Pitch Showcase?
One-on-one assistance before you set foot on stage!
WIN: A $5,000 worth package to help you form your desired startup (sponsored by AXIS Legal Counsel)
WIN: Facetime with top VC firms and incubators/accelerators in LA
including Y Combinator, Muckerlab, Amplify, Yang Ventures...
WIN: FREE Co-working Space, Legal Sessions, Startup Orientation Services
from Cross Campus, The Grady Firm, The Winning Pitch...
What Are The Rules?
3-5 min Pitch + 3-5 Slides.
Apply before March 18. We will notify you by March 20.
Presenters must be female.
Finalists get to compete in Girls in Tech's Lady Pitch Night Finals in San Francisco!
90% Women, aged 18-30, global and diverse backgrounds
75% Pursuing a degree or graduated from USC
35% Founders of one or more companies and organizations
5% Angel or VC investors, incubators / accelerators
Tech-savvy social influencers, purchasing decision makers
Attendees are influencers online and offline and they:
- Drive 50%+ of all social sharing, shopping and gaming activities online.
- Represent 54%+ of online publication/news readers
- Spend 30% more time online
The Final Countdown!
Time left for the event
The countdown doesn't work if the event start date is set to TBD
Seeley G. Mudd Building (SGM) 123
3620 McClintock Ave (University of Southern California)
Enter at the Vermont Avenue Entrance at 36th Place (Entrance 6) and park at Parking Structure A. You will need to obtain a parking day pass at the entrance for $10. The SGM Building is caddy-corner (diagonally opposite) from Parking Structure A.
Loading: SoGal Summit 2015