The Investors Festival is a 2-day conference to connect startups and investors.
08:45am - 09:00pm | Check-in Registration
09:00am - 12:00pm | Learn Best Practices
Get "pitch coaching" from investors and business coaches
12:00am - 01:15 pm | Lunch
01:30 - 05:00pm | Startup Pitch-off Competition
Pitch your idea to top investors for an opportunity to win startup funding. Be prepared to have your product intellectually challenged by other competitors in a startup pitch-off competition.
How to participate
Apply to pitch - Fill out the Pitch Competition Application
- Entry into the VIP Investor only event with over 50 active investors and no other startups
- 3.000 pitch coaching with Ted Speaker and/or French pitch coach Noam Kustucki (prior to conference)*
- 5.000 of Expert DOJO Membership credits
- 5.000 of marketing support
The finalist will win a business incubation contract with Expert DOJO, benefiting from mastermind business coaching
- to get funded
- free office space
- free legal advice
- free marketing assistance
- free email addresses and domain
- and a long list of investor introductions to help you launch a successful business
09:15am - 10:00am | Check-in Registration
10:00am - 11:00am | Hack the Beach: The Contest – Introduction from Mayor Kevin McKeown
Your city is asking you for the next great idea to solve the most pressing issues in our community. Santa Monica wants to partner with the best and brightest to build creative solutions to better our community. You will be making a direct impact on the city you live, work, and play in, and there will be opportunities to win unique prizes.
10:30am - 12:00pm | Hack the Beach: The Contest – Idea Formation, Networking, Brainstorming
Brainstorm your idea with colleagues, city experts, VCs, and mentors.
12:00am - 1:00pm | Hack the Beach: The Contest – Mastermind Session
Q&A session with the contest judges. Learn about what they’ll be looking for in a successful proposal and find out what it takes to build the solutions that cities everywhere need
To learn more and apply click here.
- Get recognized publicly in front of 20.000 Twilight Concert Series Goers at the world famous Santa Monica Pier
- Meeting with City of Santa Monica VIP's
- Free PR through our partners channels to promote your work
- Expert Dojo - Mentorship from Nektar Baziotis, who has delivered over 300 web and app projects for the EU and the UN.
- Cross Campus - 1 month of coworking for a team (up to 5 members)
- GA - $1,000 in part-time or immersive course credit to the winning team (up to 5 members).
- More to come….
How to participate:
1. Submit your idea here (Instructions: Hack the Beach)
2. Reserve your Spot (FREE Day 2 Ticket - Hack the Beach Competition)
3. Attend the City of Santa Monica Competition Briefing on Fri, at 10am on 10/09/15
4. Fine-tune your submission with city officials & Expert DOJO mentors throughout the day
Day 2: Friday, 10/09/15 – Afternoon - in partnership with LAVA - Invite Only and winning start ups
Select Investors and Los Angeles senior influencers
1:00pm - 2:00pm | Alternative funding panel (credit, banking,Attorneys)
find out what will be available to start ups in 2016
2:00pm - 3:00pm | Incubators and Accelerators
The next frontier
3:00pm - 4:00pm | Rapid Fire 20 minute TED Style talks focusing on whats new in 2016
Ron Miller - Equity Crowdfunding, Paige Craig – the new face of Angel Funding, Brock Pierce – Bitcoin
04:00pm - 5:00pm | A Focus on Angel and Seed funding in 2016
What other changes can we expect in 2016
05:00pm - 6:00pm | Venture Funding – Where its coming from
Whats coming down the Venture pipeline over the next 12 months.
Day 2: VIP Drink reception, 10/09/15
Investors and leaders in the start up community VIP Drink reception
06:00pm - 8:00pm | Conference Party
Mingle and enjoy our rooftop balcony with leaders in the LA investment and startup community. This small and select group of leaders in the LA startup ecosystem will mingle, build relationships and discuss the future of investment in 2016. It's not something you will want to miss.