Join Women in LAVA for our 2-part series on engaging with investors, how to get them to the yes, and what to do once you have the funding.
We will mix, mingle and learn from women entrepreneurs who have gone before us across a range of industries. The focus of Part 1 will be: "You've Got An Investor On the Hook...How To Get Them To Yes!"
Held in an intimate environment at a private home in Los Angeles, CA
- Discover the tips, tricks and insider tactics on how to remain diligent in tracking down potential investors and get them on the phone and in the meeting.
- Understand the typical due diligence process and what investors look for to take them from interested to invested"
- Discuss the range of possibilities in deal terms, participation levels and other inventive ways entrepreneurs and investors work together to create a win win.
Our panel of inspiring female entrepreneurs and investors will include:
- Katie Warner Johnson, Co-Founder and CEO of Carbon38 who started out with an initial $25,000 investment and now has raised over $11 million to date. Carbon38 is a fashion brand that suits our modern, active lives, which is why we scour the globe to curate the hottest, most hard-working sportswear labels that make style statements from the gym to the streets and beyond.
- Natasha Case, Co-Founder and CEO of Coolhaus, named Zagat 30 Under 30 in 2012 and a Forbes 30 Under 30 in 2013. Natasha and her partner started out with an idea for cool, architecturally designed ice cream creations and have expanded their company to 10 food trucks, 2 brick and mortar shops, product in 4000 retail stores and a nationally recognized cook book.
- Barbara Boxer, Managing Director of Belle Capital is one of the Managers of the General Partner and serves as LeBe Inc.'s chief executive officer. Ms. Boxer has more than 20 years experience in advising and investing in early stage companies. Ms. Boxer has served as vice chairman of the Investment Committee for BELLE Capital, LP. She is also the Founder and Managing Member of Women Angels, LLC, an investment group with more than 100 women investors in Miami FL, Milwaukee WI, Chicago IL, and Washington, DC.
Join us to learn from the experts.
See you there!
Free for LAVA members, $35 for non-members
EVENT ATTENDANCE LIMITED, PLEASE RSVP STRAIGHT AWAY
(event location will be provided upon registration)
Please address questions to Kathryn at WinLAVA@yahoo.com